12/8/11

A Christmas Night

This past weekend Nolan (my husband) and I got in the Christmas mood and turned our house into
a Christmas wonderland. I love Christmas and this is the first time I've had my own place to decorate-
so I was pretty stoked.

Since this is our first Christmas living together, we have no Christmas decorations and had to go out to the store to get some. First stop was the dollar store, (love that place) where we found these pretty sparkly glitter ornaments. They had so many colors I was loving... I really wanted to get these cute pink glitter ones, but someone didn't think they were manly enough for his tree...

Anyways, we then went to Home Depot to get our tree, (as a girl who grew up always cutting down our tree, I was super hesitant to go here, but the prices and convenience were just too good to turn down! So yes, I sold out.) we got some lights, and this pretty gold glitter star for the top of our tree that I'm totally in love with it.

We came home, turned on some Christmas music, made cider and put little candy canes in our mugs.
Ended the night with a movie from Netflix. It was super Christmasy with the sparkling lights and good
smelling tree surrounding us.

Now our house is all decorated and feeling oober cozy. I love sitting on the couch by the tree in the mornings, bundled in a blanket, sipping my coffee. (Can you tell I love this season??)

Anyways, Merry Christmas and Happy Thursday friends!
Hope you're finding time to embrace the Christmas spirit!

10 comments:

Rachel - De Ma Cuisine said...

Can't wait to see your place all decorated!! I agree about cutting your own tree down - I grew up doing that too. But, a real tree is almost as good... at least you get the smell!

JESSICA PACKARD said...

Umm, we have the same colors for our Christmas decor!! Great minds think alike, eh?! :)

Amanda // Simple Street said...

I love the star! I bought a silver one last year at the end of the season for a steep discount, but really want a gold one now! Because of my changing tastes, I now have gold and silver ornaments on my tree :)

Joanna Waterfall said...

I love gold! Glad you guys share in my gold glitter obsession :)

Joie de Viv said...

Hi Joanna! Just found your lovely blog through a pic on Pinterest and so glad it linked me back to here! Love your glittery Christmas decor! We have a white and silver themed tree, but I understand the desire for pink glitter for real! ;)

xx Vivian @ http://diamondsandtulle.blogspot.com

Joanna Waterfall said...

Hey Vivian! Stoked you found my blog and like it :) And I'm also glad you share my love for pink glitter :)

Jaymee said...

adorable post! love your blog joanna!

Rebecca said...

This sounds like so much fun!!! And I love that gold glittery star...where did you get it?

Ashley said...

you're the coolest.

hermes kelly bag said...

Nice job. thanks for share.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...