10/20/11

Scrumptious Apple Streusel Muffins



If you've been reading my blog at all, you know I love food and baking.

This weekend I made some pretty awesome apple streusel muffins- and I used a real recipe this
time! I got the book "1 Mix, 100 Muffins" at one of my bridal showers, and pulled the recipe from
there. They were pretty scrumptious. Not too sweet- perfect for morning breakfast with some coffee.
It has this wonderful cinnamon crumble on the top- that was my favorite part.

Some important things you need:
Apples + Modern Family on Hulu (watch while baking) = Apple Streusel Muffins.



Here's the recipe from the book:

Ingredients:
280g/10 oz plain white flour
1 tbsp baking powder
½ tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 salt
115g/4oz soft light brown sugar
250g/9oz cooking apple
2 medium eggs
250ml/9fl oz milk
6 tbsp sunflower oil or 85g/3oz butter, melted and cooled, extra for greasing
For the streusel topping:
50g/1¾oz plain white flour
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
35g/1¼oz butter
25g/1oz soft light brown sugar

Directions:1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/Gas Mark 6. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin or line with 12 paper cases.
2. To make the streusel topping, put the flour and cinnamon into a bowl. Cut the butter into small pieces, add to the bowl with the flour and rub it in with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar and set aside.
3. To make the muffins, sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar. Peel, core and finely chop the apple. Add to the flour mixture and stir together.
4. Lightly beat the eggs in a large jug or bowl then beat in the milk and oil. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the beaten liquid ingredients. Stir gently until just combined; do not over-mix.
5. Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin tin. Scatter the streusel topping over each muffin. Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes until well risen, golden brown and firm to the touch.
6. Leave the muffins in the tin for 5 minutes then serve warm or transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool.
I hope you like! I made them for our church small group and they were gone pretty fast.
They're super fall-ish, I think thats why I had so much fun making them. And the fact that Modern
Family was playing on my laptop while I baked. Not very romantic, but fun non the less :)

Happy Baking and Happy Thursday!!

PS: You still have a few hours to enter the Creative Connection free ticket contest! In the post below-
I'll announce the winner this afternoon! 



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...