10/11/11

Greek Yogurt Choco Chip Cooks.

Thanks so much for everyone's input yesterday on the logos- I'm making a few little changes,
but I think with everyones help via Facebook, Twitter and this blog, I have got a way better idea
of what to do. Sometimes all it takes is some good advice to help you see outside your little head.

So thanks everyone! I REALLY appreciate all your thoughts!

So now its on to the next subject... cookies.

Photobucket

I was kinda in the mood for baking this weekend. Its October and there's nothing like the smell
of cookies baking in the oven... its warming to the heart and soul.

I also felt a little ADD and wanted to take a little risk. So I thought I would add some
Greek Yogurt to my cookies. My thinking was it would make it more dense, I would put in less
flour and only one egg. I don't know anything about baking science, I just was in the
"lets see what happens when I do this!" mood. So I did.



And I was pleasantly surprised when they turned out really good! I was very pleased with this little invention!

I think one of my favorite things about making cookies is putting them on a plate and having them
warm up your kitchen. It just feels homey. And when people come over you can hold out your plate
of cookies and say, "oh would you like a cookie? They're homemaaade!" and then they feel
at home and all warm and fuzzy inside. And then you do too.

Photobucket

So I'm keeping that plate of cookies out on our counter for guests to eat, for me to eat, and for
Nolan and I to both eat when we're watching Lost at night. (We both had never seen it and
kinda got addicted this week on Netflix) And despite that look on Nolan's face, he really is
enjoying that scrumptious cookie... I swear...

Here is the recipe if you're brave enough to try it! I promise they're good :)
Ingredients


2 sticks melted butter, cooled
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar
3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
1 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 11oz package chocolate chips


Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix sugars in to melted butter.
Add in egg and vanilla and mix well.
Add in the greek yogurt and mix it up real good.
Then add flour, baking soda, and salt and stir until well combined. 
Stir in choco chips.  
Bake for 10-12 minutes.


recipe adapted from mother thyme

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

as long as they taste good that's all that matters. cute kitchen! T

Tawny Burgess said...

Well, I am definitely going to be baking these this month :) Thanks so much sharing Joanna. I love Greek yogurt! And yes, you're kitchen is adorable. <3

Joanna Noel said...

yay! And thanks on the kitchen :) Its probably one of my favorite spaces in our teeny house :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...