1/19/12

Slow Cooked Bean and Spinach Enchiladas

So this month's issue of Real Simple mag is filled with some tasty slow cook recipes. Being that I received a Crock Pot for Christmas, I was pretty excited to try them out. Crock Pots are awesome for people like me who don't really know how to cook, or want to spend a ton of time in the kitchen. So last week I made slow cook Bean and Spinach Enchiladas and they turned out super tasty. I had some people ask for the recipe, so I thought I would type it out and share it with you all!



Here you go friends!

Bean and Spinach Enchiladas
You can make the recipe your own by adding meat of some sort, but for you non meat lovers out there like me, these are perfect just the way they are :)

1 15.5 ounce can black beans, rinsed.
1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess liquid
1 cup frozen corn
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
8 ounces sharp Cheddar, grated (2 cups)
Kosher salt and black pepper
2 16-ounce jars salsa (3 1/2 cups)
8 6-inch corn tortillas, warmed
1 medium head romaine lettuce, chopped (6 cups)
4 radishes, cut into matchsticks
1/2 grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 cucumber, halved and sliced
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
Sliced scallions, for serving.


*In a medium bowl, mash half the beans. Add the spinach, corn, cumin, 1 cup of the Cheddar, the remaining beans, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and mix to combine.

*Spread 1 jar of the salsa in the bottom of a 4 to 6 quart slow cooker. Dividing evenly, roll up the bean mixture in the tortillas (about 1/2 cup each) and place the rolls seam-side down in a single layer in the slow cooker. Top with the remaining salsa and Cheddar.

*Cover and cook until heated through, on low for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.

*Before serving, toss the lettuce, radishes, tomatoes, and cucumber in a large bowl with the lime juice, oil, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Serve with the enchiladas and sprinkle with the scallions.
   

My husband and I had a little date night, ate some chips and salsa, watched a movie and enjoyed this easy and tasty recipe. Hope you enjoy! Happy Thursday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks very good. Did you take a pic of yours? Happy Thursday back! T

Joanna Waterfall said...

Thanks! And no I didn't! I totally was so consumed in eating it I totally forgot. Mine also didn't look as pretty. :)

Christy LeMire said...

My husband and I made these last night. Yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...