11/23/11

what's a boon?

Hey everyone! Happy day-before Thanksgiving!!
I hope you all have plans to eat a lot of yummys (preferably pie) and hang out with good friends
and family. I could go on and on about all the things I have to be thankful for this year.
I have been blessed beyond belief- and I thank God for bringing me to the place I am at today.

I'll be taking the rest of the week off to hang out with my family (my sister is in town from Portland!)
and soak in the blessings.

In the meantime, here are some cute Thanksgiving postcards for your viewing- I love the little
illustrations (those pies are huge!!) and sayings...



I'm really confused about this last one though, what is a "friendly boon"??
Maybe they just couldn't think of anything that rhymed well with spoon... hmmmm...
I'm totally gonna use that statement with my grandparents this weekend and see if they know
what I'm talking about... you should do it with me :)

Anyways, Happy Thanksgiving Friends! I'll see you back here Monday!!

source.

2 comments:

Lauren Ashley Knisley said...

I just asked my grandma, and she didn't know either. She might too young, since she's only in her early 70's.

Her response: "Well, it has a darn turkey on it. So why would I want a spoon with a turkey on it?...Well then, maybe they couldn't find a word to rhyme with spoon..."

It means "blessing," according to Meriam Webster dictionary:
1
: benefit, favor; especially : one that is given in answer to a request
2
: a timely benefit : blessing

Happy Thanksgiving, I wish a boon-ful time! ;)

Joanna Waterfall said...

haha thats awesome!! well then yes! I bid you a boon! We should totally start using this word again... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...