8/31/11

Hum to the Us!



I made this yummy hummus with lavash bread chips as an appetizer for dinner the other night.
It actually turned out quite good! I'm not the best chef, so when I find something thats super easy,
tastes amazing and looks pretty on the table, I'm all for it.

Here is the recipe if you'd like to try it!

I didn't really follow everything perfectly, it was more like a "taste it and see what would
be good" kind of a thing, so if the measurements aren't followed perfectly, don't sweat it!


Hummus:

What you need:
1 crushed garlic clove
~ 3 tablespoons olive oil
~ 1 tablespoon cumin
~ 1 1/2 cup garbanzo beans
~ Garlic Salt to taste ( I used quite a bit )


Top it off with...
~ Feta Cheese (Mediterranean is awesome)
~ Chopped cherry tomatoes


Take your garbanzo beans, olive oil, garlic, garlic salt and cumin, and mix it up in a food processor.
(love those things) After your ingredients are fully mixed together, place in your cute serving bowl.
Add the feta cheese (I used Mediterranean feta and it was amazing) and cut cherry tomatoes to the
top of your hummus.



Lavash Crisps:

What you need:
~ 1/4 cup olive oil
~ 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cumin
~ 1/4-1/2 teaspoon chili powder
~ Garlic salt to taste
~ Pepper to taste
~ 1 large piece of Lavash Bread (this is dependent on what kind of Lavash bread you get.
I got the big square kind from Trader Joes so I only needed one piece. If you get smaller
bread you might need more than one.)

Heat your oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, mix up your olive oil, cumin and chili powder.
Brush it over your bread. Sprinkle on garlic salt and pepper to taste. Take the large piece of lavash
bread and tear or cut it into smaller, "crisp size" pieces, place the pieces on a baking tray and put
in the oven. I recommend cooking them for 7-10 minutes- but every oven is different, so keep
checking on your crisps to make sure they come out to have the perfect amount of crunchy-ness.

Serve hummus on a plate with your Lavash Crisps and you have the perfect appetizer!

How easy was that?? I mean really!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm putting this on MY to-do list! Looks amazingly yummy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...