6/23/11

Photobucket


How great would it be to have a mural of an animal parade painted on your
childhood bedroom wall? What if it was painted by your friend Maurice Sendak- who would
eventually publish the award winning book, "Where the Wild Things Are"?

Thats exactly what happened to the Chertoffs Family. Before the book came out, he was asked as a friend to paint a mural for their children's bedroom wall. He came up with and painted this little masterpiece! The Chertoff's are now donating the mural to the Rosenbach Museum and Library. I have to admit, if that was on my wall, I would probably keep it for myself...

I absolutely love Sendak's illustrations, his use of color and character really makes his work one of a
kind. Good stuff.

You can read the full article here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...